Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the cost for a resident at Aiea Heights Senior Living and Waialae Senior Living?
A: The cost will vary based on each resident's condition. Prior to admission, each potential resident is given an assessment exam by our RN to determine the level of care required. Please call us at (808) 488-5521 for the range of our current rates and to schedule a free tour and assessment.
Q: What types of residents are you licensed to care for?
A: We are able to care for residents with varying conditions and circumstances from requiring minimal supervision to being monitored by Hospice, but we have only a limited number of beds for certain conditions and circumstances. Please call us with more information on your loved one's situation and we will gladly let you know of availability.
Q: What are some services which are included in the cost of residing at AHSL or WSL?
A: Care is provided to each resident based on the individual's specific needs and include:
- 24 hour supervision, 7 days per week
- Personal Care Assistance
- Medication management and assistance with medication refills
- 3 nutritious meals cooked daily, plus between meal snacks (but does not include supplements such as Ensure or Glucerna)
- Laundry, linen, and housekeeping
- Escort to doctor appointments by a staff member (but does not include the cost of transport)
- Coordination of care in collaboration with physicians and therapy services
- Activities and exercise programs twice daily
- Celebrations for special occasions and holidays
- Annual Thanksgiving luncheon for residents and their immediate family
- Basic toiletries are provided (but does not include incontinence briefs and disposable bed pads)
Q: Do we need to provide our own furniture or bed?
A: Each resident is provided with a hospital bed, chest of drawers, and closet space. Please let us know if you would prefer to bring your own hospital bed. At Waialae Senior Living, where each resident has their own bedroom, customization of the room with the resident's own furniture, pictures, etc. can be arranged.
Q: What are your visiting hours?
A: Our visiting hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily but special arrangements can be made in advance with one our Administrators for visits at other times.
Q: Are family members allowed to dine with residents?
A: We can arrange for a small private table for friends and family members to dine with a resident. Food from the outside may be brought in by family members to share with their loved one provided it is cleared through our Administrator/Nurse for individuals with special diets.
Q: Are families allowed to take residents on outings?
A: Yes, residents may go out with family members. Please let us know ahead of time so we can prepare your loved one for the outing.
Q: Do you accept Medicare or Medicaid?
A: No, sorry but Aiea Heights Senior Living and Waialae Senior Living are "private pay" facilities.
Q: Do you accept Long Term Care Insurance?
A: Yes, most private Long Term Care Insurance policies will assist you in care home costs. Please check your policy for details on the coverage for care home costs. We also know that each Insurance Company has its own policies which can sometimes be confusing. Our Financial Administrator will be able to help you with this.
Please call us at (808) 488-5521 if you have any other questions or would like to schedule a visit to our home. We hope to hear from you soon!